Types of hosting solutions
A hosting service appertains to depositing and/or sharing given web content on a hosting server handled by a website hosting distributor. There are various classes of hosting services utilized for various purposes, so let's take a peek at these. Doing so, you can decide what you need, on the basis of whether you desire to create a weblog, mail accounts, or to share files with comrades and acquaintances.
- File hosting: a service offered by given companies, which permits you to share large files. These could be disk images, motion pictures, audio files, archived documents, etc. This service is also known as file storage, and its sole goal is to share files, since it does not support web page uploading. As soon as the files are uploaded, you will either get a randomly created download link for each of them, or you will be able to view a record of all the files in a directory, but you will not be able to load .html or .php web page files in your web browser. Free-of-cost file storage solutions are frequently supported by displaying advertisements next to the download links, while a timer compels you to await a particular spell of time to view them. A given file can be downloaded with limited speed. If you own a paid file hosting plan, there are no restrictions as to how many files you can upload/download instantly, and also there is no limitation as far as the download speed and the file size are concerned.
Now, with the help of the cPanel hosting traders, "file hosting" is being renamed to the more faddish "cloud hosting". This is a thoroughly incorrect interpretation of the actual definition of "cloud hosting". A real cloud website hosting environment would allocate the tasks at hand between different packs of web hosting servers in a cluster, which are committed to serving various website hosting services (mail, data storage, stats, DNS, databases, hosting CP, and so on.) So, the file hosting solution is merely a brand of a data storage hosting service, not a cloud hosting one. It's not even near.
- Image hosting: comparable with file hosting; certain distributors offer a hosting service for images exclusively. This hosting type is suitable if you would like to share an enormous amount of pics with buddies or acquaintances since the service is generally free of charge. You will get a random link for each picture or album and you can then share this link. As with the file hosting service, .html and .php files are not supported, so the solution cannot be utilized for websites.
- Email hosting: a solution devoted to handling your email addresses. Some vendors offer website hosting services for sites, but do not provide an email service. If you desire to run an email address with your domain name but do not wish to have a web site, then the e-mail hosting solution is what you need. You can open email box accounts and administer them, but there will be no hosting service for the domains. The e-mail hosting service includes incoming POP/IMAP and outgoing SMTP servers.
- Video hosting: this service enables you to upload and share video clips. You can either share a link to some video, or you can embed the video in your website that is hosted somewhere else. The advantage of utilizing this method in lieu of uploading the video clip in a web hosting account is that the video file generates a specific amount of CPU load, so with a handful of videos and several hundred web page viewers, you may have a problem with your web space hosting quotas. Embedding the video file will enable you to operate as many video files as you want to without worrying about system resources.
- Web page hosting: this is the service that you need if you desire to keep a website. To a certain degree, it encompasses all of the abovementioned hosting groups since, along with your web sites, you can also host pictures and files, you can create databases and e-mail aliases, upload videos, etc. At Lonex, for instance, you can have a peek at web hosting and dedicated hosting solutions that enable you to have all of the aforementioned solutions in one single place. There may be limitations based on the sort of hosting service that you've settled on - a free hosting plan, a paid shared hosting account, a VPS or a dedicated server. Based on that, your web hosting account may be better or worse in comparison with the regular email/file/video/image hosting accounts that are conceived for specific content only.